When it comes to making a lasting impression in the world of business, dressing to impress is essential. Knowing how to match your custom business shirt with your suit is a surefire way to exude confidence and polish. But, with so many colors, patterns, and fits to consider, it can be quite the challenge to nail that perfect combination. Fret not! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the ins and outs of coordinating your shirts and suits like a pro. So, let’s dive in!
The Color Code: Mixing and Matching
The Classic Colors
To create a timeless, sophisticated look, it’s always a good idea to start with the classic colors for your suit and shirt. Let’s break it down:
- Suits: Navy, charcoal, and black
- Shirts: White, light blue, and light pink
When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a crisp white shirt paired with any of these suit colors. For a bit of variety, try matching a light blue or light pink shirt with your navy or charcoal suit.
The Bold and the Beautiful
If you’re feeling more adventurous, you can experiment with bolder colors and patterns. Just remember, when combining striking colors or patterns, always stick to one statement piece and keep the rest understated. Here are a few daring combos to try out:
- A navy suit with a burgundy or emerald green shirt
- A charcoal suit with a lavender or peach shirt
- A black suit with a deep red or metallic silver shirt
Patterns: Stripes, Checks, and Solids
The Rule of Thumb
When it comes to patterns, the golden rule is not to mix more than two types in a single ensemble. For example, if your shirt features stripes, either go for a solid suit or one with a subtle pattern.
Stripes and Checks
- Pair a vertically striped shirt with a solid suit for a classic look. Opt for a navy suit and a white shirt with blue stripes for an effortlessly stylish ensemble.
- Don’t shy away from mixing stripes and checks. A checked suit can look dapper with a thinly striped shirt, as long as the colors are complementary.
Playing with Solids
- A solid shirt and a solid suit can make a powerful statement, but be sure to choose contrasting shades to avoid a monochromatic look. For example, pair a light pink shirt with a navy suit or a sky-blue shirt with a charcoal suit.
Fit Matters: Tailored to Perfection
How to match your custom business shirt with your suit is not only about color and pattern coordination; the fit is crucial as well. Ensure that both your shirt and suit are tailored to your body shape for a comfortable and flattering look.
- Suit: Opt for a slim or tailored fit for a modern, streamlined appearance.
- Shirt: Choose a fitted or slim-fit shirt that doesn’t bunch up under your suit jacket.
Can I wear a patterned tie with a patterned shirt and suit?
Absolutely! But remember the golden rule: don’t mix more than two types of patterns. If your shirt and suit both have patterns, stick to a solid tie. If one of them is solid, feel free to go for a patterned tie that complements the ensemble.
How do I match my shirt and suit colors with my skin tone?
As a general guideline, those with cooler skin tones (pink or blue undertones) tend to look best in colors like navy, charcoal, and white, while those with warmer skin tones (yellow or olive undertones) may find beige, brown, and cream to be more flattering. Ultimately, it’s essential to experiment with different colors and find what makes you feel most confident.
How many custom business shirts should I have in my wardrobe?
A solid foundation of 5-7 custom business shirts in versatile colors and patterns should be enough to get you through the workweek. Make sure to have a good mix of classic and bold colors to keep things interesting.
How can I maintain my custom business shirts and suits?
To ensure your business attire stays looking sharp, follow the care instructions on the garment tags. Generally, it’s best to dry clean your suits and launder your shirts at a reputable cleaner. Iron your shirts with care, using a clean iron and the appropriate temperature setting for the fabric.
Now that you know the secrets of how to match your custom business shirt with your suit, you’re ready to conquer the boardroom in style. Keep in mind the classic color combinations, experiment with patterns, and prioritize the perfect fit. In no time, you’ll master the art of coordinating your shirts and suits, leaving a lasting impression on colleagues and clients alike. So go ahead and suit up, knowing you’ve got the style game on lock!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Contact us today to learn more about our custom screen printing services. We look forward to helping you create the perfect product for your needs!