Ever heard the saying, “clothes make the man”? Well, it applies to businesses too! When it comes to projecting a professional image, custom business shirts play a vital role. However, diving into the world of custom apparel can be fraught with pitfalls. Fret not, for we’ve got your back! In this article, we’ll unveil the top 5 mistakes to avoid when ordering custom business shirts, so you can dress to impress without breaking a sweat.
Mistake #1: Skimping on Fabric Quality
It’s All About the Material
When ordering custom business shirts, you might be tempted to cut corners on fabric quality to save a few bucks. But hold your horses! Opting for low-quality materials is a surefire way to tarnish your company’s image. Remember, you get what you pay for, so invest in good quality fabrics that feel comfortable, look sharp, and withstand the test of time.
Why Quality Matters
Here’s why you shouldn’t compromise on fabric quality:
- Comfort: A well-fitting, comfortable shirt boosts employee morale and productivity.
- Durability: High-quality fabrics last longer, saving you from frequent replacements.
- Professionalism: A sleek, well-maintained shirt sends a positive message about your company’s standards.
Mistake #2: Overlooking Fit and Sizing
One Size Does NOT Fit All
The second mistake to avoid when ordering custom business shirts is disregarding the importance of fit and sizing. Trust us, nobody wants to swim in a baggy shirt or struggle to breathe in a tight one.
To nail the perfect fit, consider these factors:
- Body shape: Choose a shirt cut that flatters different body types.
- Shirt length: Ensure the shirt is long enough to stay tucked in when necessary.
- Sleeve length: Sleeves should end at the wrist without restricting movement.
Mistake #3: Inaccurate Logo Placement or Sizing
A poorly executed logo on your custom business shirts can be a major faux pas. To avoid this, pay attention to logo placement, size, and embroidery quality. Your company logo should be clearly visible and proportionate to the shirt’s size.
Logo Tips and Tricks
Here are some pointers for getting your logo right:
- Placement: The most common logo placements are on the left chest, sleeve, or upper back.
- Size: Keep it simple and avoid oversized or undersized logos.
- Embroidery: Choose a skilled embroidery service to ensure your logo looks polished and professional.
Mistake #4: Ignoring the Details
The Devil’s in the Details
As the saying goes, “the devil’s in the details.” And that’s especially true when it comes to custom business shirts. Ignoring small yet crucial elements such as collar style, buttons, and stitching can make all the difference between a classy shirt and a fashion disaster.
To dodge this bullet, pay attention to:
- Collar style: Choose a collar that complements your company’s image and employees’ preferences.
- Buttons: Opt for sturdy buttons that match the fabric color.
- Stitching: Inspect the seams for consistency and durability.
Mistake #5: Not Asking for Samples
Try Before You Buy
Last but not least, don’t skip the sampling process. Requesting samples allows you to assess the shirt’s fabric quality, fit, and overall appearance before placing a bulk order. It’s better to be safe than sorry, right?
The Perks of Sampling
Here are a few reasons why you should ask for samples:
- Evaluate the product: Samples give you a hands-on opportunity to examine the shirt’s quality, design, and fit.
- Make necessary adjustments: If something doesn’t meet your expectations, you can request changes before placing a large order.
- Employee feedback: Sharing samples with your team allows them to provide input, ensuring everyone’s on board with the final product.
In a nutshell, ordering custom business shirts requires careful consideration and attention to detail. By avoiding these five common mistakes – skimping on fabric quality, overlooking fit and sizing, inaccurate logo placement or sizing, ignoring the details, and not asking for samples – you’ll be well on your way to creating a professional wardrobe that reflects your company’s high standards. So go ahead and invest in those custom business shirts with DaVinci Clothing of New Port Richey , and watch your business shine!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Contact us today to learn more about our custom screen printing services. We look forward to helping you create the perfect product for your needs!
Can I return custom business shirts if I’m not satisfied with the quality?
This depends on the supplier’s return policy. Make sure to clarify the terms before placing your order.
How can I ensure accurate sizing for all employees?
Collect each employee’s measurements and cross-reference them with the supplier’s sizing chart. If possible, provide employees with samples to try on.
What are the most common fabric options for custom business shirts?
Cotton, polyester, and blended fabrics (such as cotton-polyester) are popular choices. Each material offers unique benefits and drawbacks, so consider your company’s needs and budget when making a decision.
How long does it take to receive custom business shirts?
Production and shipping times vary depending on the supplier and order quantity. Generally, expect a lead time of 2-4 weeks. Make sure to place your order well in advance to avoid any delays.
How can I maintain the quality of custom business shirts?
Follow the care instructions provided by the supplier. Regularly launder the shirts with care, avoiding harsh detergents and high temperatures to ensure they remain in top-notch condition.